Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Wooden

My current lack of creative employment starting to get me down, I had been eagerly awaiting the arrival of a DVD recording of my recent principal boy effort.
I was therefore a little perturbed to view NOT the glowing performance of the opening number that I remembered (or imagined?), but an insecure, underplayed and yes, wooden display.
Was the DVD recorded before I found my feet? Were my family and friends lying when they said I was good? Is it simply impossible to capture the subtle nuances of characterisation or dynamism of stage presence that my Aladdin delivered on the small screen? Hmmm...
Well whatever the reason- I must accept the criticism that I've spent a lifetime lauding over others. And whilst the stinging realisation that I can be BAD is humbling; it also makes me feel quite grown up...Perhaps this is my tripe of passage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home