Sunday, March 06, 2005

What is NOT to love about this show?

At the end of an absolute corker of an episode of the OC, that included not only the joys of Christmakah but also the exposure of Caleb's secret: that Lindsay is his illigitimate love-child: in a dramatic confrontation at the Cohen house which all 10 main characters witnessed (Seth: "Good job our kitchen is roomy.") Which means (and here's the great part).....

  • Ryan is dating his adopted mum's sister, while his adopted brother Seth is now his girlfriend Lindsay's half-nephew
  • Marissa's ex-boyfriend is now the adopted nephew of her mother's step-daughter
  • Kirsten is both Ryan's adopted mum and his girlfriend's half-sister
  • Julie is Kirsten and Lindsay's step-mum and Ryan and Seth's step-gran by current husband Caleb, and Marissa's biological mum by her ex-husband and current lover.

Such a great episode I did the dance for the end credits as WELL as the theme song.

10 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

MAN, I wish I had E4...

Saying that, I think I'm already overloaded with Neighbours, ER and Desperate Housewives!

March 6, 2005 at 8:34:00 PM PST  
Blogger Kate John said...

sorry to tempt you into my evil ways liz but the OC is on CHANNEL 4 on sunday afternoons

March 7, 2005 at 6:20:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jude said...

I now understand why I don't watch it.. to toooooo confusing!
Maybe I should just tune in to dance!

March 7, 2005 at 6:34:00 AM PST  
Blogger Liz said...

Really? Wow....I've never even seen any clips - let alone episodes - but in my head it was solely some trite poncy American pretty-people shallow...thing.

But...maybe I should investigate.

Someone was playing the theme on their mobile today. I didn't recognise it as the theme, but knew the song (California) instead, and they were appalled.

...I think I managed to wrangle myself the series 1 boxset to borrow :D

March 7, 2005 at 5:48:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a season 1 boxset? Ooh goodie. Now if someone can just drop a hint to gordon!!!

I'm starting to wonder if I might be a bit TV obsessed - still, once stargate finishes, I'll be down to just ER, DH, OC and Newlyweds!!

Lesley

March 8, 2005 at 6:55:00 AM PST  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh dear you guys! I'm so glad I kinda gave up TV for lent, but by the sounds of it, it won't take me much to catch up after Easter!

March 9, 2005 at 6:34:00 AM PST  
Blogger jeff said...

24 is the way to go.
Forget everything else.
Saying that, when i lived at Ed's Kate and Ali got me in to the OC.
Move back home, and haven't thought about it since....

March 9, 2005 at 4:33:00 PM PST  
Blogger Karen said...

The OC is much hated by Chiltern FM's brekkie presenters, but thy do love the song. I think you need to introduce the nation to the dancing...

March 17, 2005 at 1:56:00 AM PST  
Blogger Karen said...

The OC is much hated by Chiltern FM's brekkie presenters, but thy do love the song. I think you need to introduce the nation to the dancing...

March 17, 2005 at 1:56:00 AM PST  
Blogger Karen said...

The OC is much hated by Chiltern FM's brekkie presenters, but thy do love the song. I think you need to introduce the nation to the dancing...

March 17, 2005 at 1:57:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home