Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I AM NEITHER HIP NOR HOP

Ah, Fran, your immortal words rang in my ears yesterday as the "Intermediate Jazz" class I attended at Pineapple turned out to be a street-hip-hop-type-extravaganza taught by a girl in VERY baggy trousers with dangerously long blood red hair extensions called "Ali-Kitten." To my credit, I feel comforted by the fact that I looked significantly less ridiculous at the end of the class than I did at the start. And my new friend Ali-Kitten said I brought a really good "vibe" into her class. Actually I really enjoyed it. Except the break-dancing which gave me bruises.
And today I can't walk.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I just take a moment to let you know that I am sooo with you on that one! The fruitless hours Shyko and I stood in various dance studios around GSA in an effort to make me even remotely funky. Well! All I can say is that Shyks did her very best, but I am, also quite clearly, neither hip nor hop. X X X

March 14, 2005 at 12:00:00 PM PST  
Blogger Kate John said...

hello tiny caz it is so lovely to have you here - you might not be hippity hop but you are VERY sweet and shiny and lets face it how many hip hop musicals ARE there??

March 14, 2005 at 5:21:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home